Near Hüttenberg and its famous ironworks, Lölling also played a big role in the Carinthia ironworks history. Thanks to a local resources like iron ore, coal and water power in form of a river, first iron works were build in the early 15th century. This iron ore crusher was used to reduce the size of the ore, making it easier to dry the ore. It was build in 1844 and abandoned when the iron works closed in 1899. The historic society renovated parts of it in 1984 to make it accessible to the public.